What ever happened to the Yellow Pages? Of course they still exist, but for most people those bulky yellow books are the last resort. There’s one inescapable truth in the internet age: people search the web for any type of service, and when making any type of purchasing decision. For a real estate professional, if you want to present your best image, or even to be found at all, consider the importance of a top-notch professionally designed website.
These are the top 10 reasons real estate professionals choose a custom website:
1. Branding.Your brand is the message that reaches out to your target clientele. Your website should support your message with a quality, consistent design that does three important things: offers appropriate information, intrigues potential clients, and doesn’t overwhelm the image you want to convey.
2. SEO (search engine optimization).Prospective clients search the web in all kinds of ways – not just for the MLS or real estate agencies. You want to make sure clients find you, and the way to do that is to optimize your site to be found by major search engines. Measurably effective SEO requires the expertise of a professional web designer familiar with your market.
3. Professional design.You need SEO to get clients to your website, and you need good design to keep them longer than a minute. It’s an emotional reaction similar to curb appeal. In order to achieve the impression you want with your website, the web design must be done well, following current web standards.
4. IDX management.By using integrated IDX management on your custom site, you can ensure that the latest listings are available through your site as soon as they hit the MLS. If you send potential clients to your own site with MLS listings, all leads generated go directly to you.
5. Professional image and expertise.Leverage your website to establish your expertise. You can maintain your professional ethos by incorporating a blog or other custom content that sets you apart.
6. Lead generation.A custom website should generate leads and incorporate lead management. In today’s competitive market, personal touch still important, but your website is key in generating leads.
7. Personality.New clients need to feel your personality and style in the design of your website before they get to you in person. Clients should understand what sets you apart from others as soon as they land on your site. From the first moment a client lands on your home page, custom content draws in prospects and sets you apart from others.
8. Time.With a custom website, you spend less time working with technology and more time on your other important activities – working with your clients and personally marketing yourself. Invest your time in what you do best. Real estate professionals often advise sellers not to attempt FSBO for the same reason.
9. Presence.It goes without saying that you need a web presence in today’s market so prospective clients can find you. Your website should also be leveraged as a landing spot where your other marketing – business cards, brochures, email campaigns, etc. – directs existing and prospective clients.
10. Relevance.Your website design should be both timeless and persuasive, but it should be regularly maintained with new content to remain fresh and relevant (and improve SEO).
Whenever you see a beautifully designed real estate website, you can tell that it is both the product and the predictor of success. World Source Tech’s real estate clients are able to see the results achieved by their custom websites, and they absolutely love the results they see. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.
With more than 1.4 billion people having a Facebook profile and more than 900 million site visits, Facebook is the 21st century marketing hub. Facebook creates an easy way to market and reach out to your potential audiences- launching Facebook Ads. So, what are Facebook Ads? Facebook Ads from a users perspective, show advertisements that are relevant to you and your friend’s interests.
As a business owner, these ads are shown to your potential customers. The ads will appear on the news feed (desktop or mobile) and in the right column of Facebook desktop. Facebook decides which ads users end up seeing by: the information users share on Facebook (likes), other info from the account (demographics), & activity on websites or apps off of Facebook. So how as a small business owner use Facebook Ads?
Step 1- Create
With an advertising method in mind, log onto your personal account, click the drop down button on the upper right corner, and click create an ad. Your small business does not actually need a Facebook page to advertise (although we recommend it for marketing campaigns) the owner/manager of the advertisement needs a personal Facebook account to be able to manage and pay for the ads (note-the ads will not link to your profile). Pick your advertising objective, if promoting a website, you will need to provide a URL which will link to your website and let the ad be underway!
Step 2- Target
Facebook ads created a brilliant feature- you pick who you market to. You can select who views your ad using multiple variables. When the ad is created you can pick the type of people who can see the ad by choosing certain traits and keywords. Facebook lets you target by region/location, age, gender, education, workplace, hobbies, relationships, and keywords. Through the provided information shared on your Facebook profile, Facebook generates keywords that are relatable to your website, event, etc. that you are trying to advertise. That is what makes it different from traditional advertising; Facebook can get your ads to the right people at the right time- via ones newsfeed.
Step 3- Design
Facebook ads will have a 25-character headline, a 90-character body description, and thumbnail photograph. Who knew so little content could expand business? Less is more these days, am I right? However, don’t get nervous because these can be updated in real-time. So really feel free to experiment with what looks best. Facebook does have a lengthy set of standards and rules to abide by while using their advertisements. You can refer to the advertising guidelines here.
Step 4- Budget
Facebook ads, like most things in the world, are not free. Select a Cost Per Click (CPC) pricing and you will be charged every time someone clicks on the ad or sponsored story. An alternative route is per thousand impression (CPM); you pay every time 1,000 people see the ad. Then tell Facebook how much money you are willing to spend (daily budget or lump sum of total spending while the ad is featured). You can pay with credit, debit, PayPal, or Facebook Ads coupon and the billing is monthly. For more information and clarification on how budgeting for your ad works, please watch this informational tutorial.
Step 5- Analyze
You should monitor your ads regularly, as Facebook does allow trial and error. If the ad is not getting as much attention as expected you can pause the ad to edit the text, increase/decrease bid, or adjust the target audience as you go. Another great feature from Facebook is the Ad Manager. This will show you all the details about your campaign- budget, spending, and scheduling. Then click on the campaign to show how many people have view, clicked, and how often it shows on peoples feeds!
The great thing about Facebook Ads is how it connects the consumer to the business- raising brand awareness. The relevant and engaging photos, videos, and links make Facebook Ads a powerful way to find new customers and build brand loyalty (Facebook, 2015). If you feel like this is over your head or really want to win with your online advertising just fill out the quick call request form on the right hand side of this page!
Weather your website is new or you have had it for a while with little luck generating any real leads, it is important to look at how (and if) you are doing anything to drive traffic to your website.
After having a beautiful website, ready to convert leads with well designed landing pages, forms, check out pages, etc your next step is to get people to that website. This is called generating traffic. This post focuses on how and why you should use paid online advertising like Google Adwords to drive traffic to your website. Of course there are many methods of driving traffic that produce varying results with varying levels of measurability. However, none that in our opinion really compare to cost per click based online advertising on search engines and social media sites.
So without further ado, if you're committed to being a DIYer for your online marketing, these steps will help. If you would rather hire us to win for you online, request a call or check out our flexible, no contract online marketing service plans .
Step 1: Learn how AdWords works
Watch these videos on Google Adwords express. I also recommend checking out the full featured version of AdWords but this is a great start to learning how it works.
Questions and Answers to help you get some action with your website and web marketing
Are you doing anything that is getting you anywhere?
1. Use Google Adwords to drive keyword targeted traffic to specific landing pages
2. Use Facebook Ads to drive demographic and psychographic targeted traffic to specific landing pages
3. Have landing pages without menu items and with custom forms that send lead info to your CRM system
4. Use a CRM system that supports funnel marketing (sending automated emails based on the lead's score / actions)
5. Score your leads! For example, if a lead opens an email, 1 point; if they click a link 5 points, etc.
6. Use professionally created social media accounts that match your brand on every network you have a potential audience
7. Post daily, relevant content on each social network, categorize content and post when the highest number of potential viewers are online
8. Measure everything. Know your
stats! Use Google Anatlyics and a CRM / Funnel marketing system that has
awesome stats. You don't know how you're doing if you can't measure!
Do you have real leads coming in from your website?
1. Make sure your ads match your landing pages
2. Offer great content on your landing pages, in exchange for name and email
3. Make sure every page of your website has a request a call, request more info, or requst a quote form
4. Create different followup paths for leads in your CRM system based on the action they take. For example, if lead A opens email B, then put them in list C so they receive next months special offer, etc.
5. Offer relevant, engaging downloads like white papers,free reports, video access, and tips in exchange for an email address
6. Be transparent and advertise the action you want users to take. For example if you're a dentist, advertise that users can request an appointment online and be sure that the ad drives users to a landing page where users can do just that!
7. Give people a good reason to request your service or provie their info.
8. Make sure leads feel secure on your
site by using premium SSL certificates that show a green browser bar,
lock and https in the url. This increases the comfort for providing
information and actually secures the transmission of such information, a
Do you even show up on the first page of Google when someone types in what you do?
1. Advertise on Google using AdWords. Don't waste your time or money doing it yourself. Most people who manage their own Adowrds end up unhappy because they got nothing.
This is because it takes some time and
expertise to research keywords, setup landing pages, measure results,
and make adjustments. Working with an agency like us means you have
professional team working daily on your account to generate results.
Usually advertising on Google Adwords, we can have you on page one
within 72 hours.
2. Blog at least twice a week, creating content that is interesting, relevant, and easy to read. Your audience needs to love your blog, they need to look forward to reading what you write. If you can't write, hire an agency (egh em) to ghost write for you. Crosspost this content to social media netowrks and try to get it linked on other websites that cater to your audience. The more readable, engaging, and usefull content on your site, the better you will eventually do with organic listings on major search engines.
What about email marketing?
Can you track any revenue from those efforts?
Every time I send a campaign to my personal contact list, the return is about $15,000 in revenue within two weeks of the campaign being sent. This didn't happen overnight but now that we know our audience and understand how to provide real value in both the information we deliver at no charge and in the services and products we provide, our emails generate true revenue. I must say $15,000 on a campagin that costs maybe $5 to send is a pretty good return.
1. Know who your audience is and what would actually help them out.If you have the experience and knowledge to provide some value to your audience then by all means put together an intro email and send it to those people. Don't just blast the email to every person in your list, segment the people in your list who can and want to benefit from what you're writing.
2. Use a subject that piques curiosity.I try not to be too descriptive yet not too vague in my email subjects. I want people to be curious enough to open the email yet not spammy. Usually I ask a question or use a word that is likely to get people thinking about their business. This is because my emails are generally focused on having business owners take a higher level look at their web and marketing presence, so my emails attempt to get people in "strategy mode".
3. Offer something but don't sell sell sell.I have tested various ways of email marketing and by far the best results come from providing truly usefull information that someone can take on their own and do something with. At the end of the email, offering some help or providng a call to action for your services if they "don't want to go it alone", for example is appropriate. Afterall, you're in business to generate some revenue not just provide free advice.
4. Check to see who is opening your emails and how many timesthey are opening them. Are they clicking the links? Are they forwarding? Does your CRM/Email marketing system allow you to track this? Can you score leads based on their activities? Using these tools lets you know who to followup with and when.
5. Any lead that takes more than three actionsis (three opens, an open and two clicks, an open, forward, and click, etc) is a good prospect for a phone call to followup. This is where the money making happens, you must followup with your interested leads, indicated usually by the number of times they interact with the communication you have sent them.
6. If your list is not huge, invite people to respond directly to you.I almost always do this for two reasons. First, I like interacting with my clients, it's fun to have a personal connection even if I am not always the one handling their account. Second, it is easier for people to reply to an email than it is for them to follow a link to a landing page, fill out a form, yadda yadda yadda. If however your product or service just can't scale with that type of personal, one on one communication, then you will have to use the landing page and form method for your emails which is fine, just less personal and a little less convenient.
7. Track the revenue back to the campaign.If you're using a CRM system like we do (we love Vtiger), you'll be able to track any opportunities and closed business back to the initial email campaign. This is how you can determine the cost and return from your email campaigns (as well as other marketing campaigns).
8. Utilize the autoresponder / funnelfeatures of your CRM. If a user opens the email, have another action setup in your system to followup with them. If she clicks a link, or gets to a score of 5, have your system generate a followup alert for you so you know to call. Automate your lead nurturing process so you can focus on converting the leads that are ready into new or repeat customers!
9. And of course, call your leads to action. If you want help with this, or anyof the steps above just email [email protected] or [email protected] (my personal email) and we can talk about one of our hugely effective internet marketing programs to get you the internet presence you deserve.
Managing your social media networks can be daunting. What do you say, where do you post, how often, and when? In a nutshell, you need to be everywhere your ideal audience is and you need to post when most of them are online and likelyto see your content. Before they see this content however, you'll need to get them to like your page, follow your Instagram, connect with you on LinkedIn, and follow your Twitter handle. Going this alone can be a full time job but you can do it! You can also just hire us and we'll do it for you. Either way, I hope these tips give you a good start and dabbling with online marketing for your own edification. If/when you're ready to professionalize your interent presence and get some real results, you know how to find us ( [email protected] / 616-419-5514).
When I first started in this business (12 years ago), having a blog and some social media accounts was really cutting edge. Now, this alone won't get you anywhere on the Internet. Today, ranking on Google, driving traffic, and getting leads from your website and social media require fresh, engaging content, a stunning blog layout, presence on multiple social media networks (Facebook,Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and more). Your messaging has to be carefully planned, authentic, and relevant. Your publishing needs to be consistent in a way that makes people look forward to your next blog, post or upload.
For most businesses I have found that this process can be cumbersome, overwhelming and lacking in results (because they're doing it wrong).
So, I invite you to email [email protected] or [email protected] with your questions or interest in getting real exposure on the first page of Google, real engagement on major social networks, real traffic to your website, and real leads from all of this activity. We're offering a 20% bonus for clients who sign onto marketing service plans through the month of October.
Effective, ROI generating marketing service plans start at $299 per month and go up to $999 per month plus Google Advertising budgets. This amount is less than a tenth of what it would cost to hire a person on at your company to tackle online marketing.
You can learn more about our plans using the links below or by requesting a quick quote using the form on this page. You can also email [email protected] or me directly [email protected]
Funnel & CRM Marketing Plans
Full Service Web Marketing Plans
Let me know how I can help!
The traditional marketing strategy relies on chasing "cold leads" - directing advertising materials to an audience who has not necessarily expressed interest in your business's offerings, using methods like cold calling and door to door marketing campaigns. This technique is also known as outbound marketing. Although outbound marketing can produce some sales, the conversion rate is generally low while the costs are relatively high.
In contrast, using a B2B inbound marketing strategy can help you build relationships with qualified leads before they come to you for your products. This strategy can help businesses operating on a wide range of advertising budgets, and it's increasingly expected by both business clients and consumer customers.
The Problem with Outbound Marketing
Although still appropriate in some cases, there are numerous problems with traditional marketing, both in financial terms and in the way it shapes your interaction with leads and clients. In a sense, outbound marketing requires you to basically harass clients to make a sale by knocking on doors and making calls until you convince someone to purchase.
Perhaps the biggest problem with outbound marketing is the amount of resources it uses in relation to the number of qualified leads reached. Because outbound marketing does not discriminate between people who have expressed interest and meet qualifications, versus people who are not interested or qualified, that responsibility is left up to the sales team.
At the same time, both businesses and consumers are becoming increasingly skeptical of and uninterested in traditional marketing techniques. In an age where every high-profile businesses has a website, social media, and a multiplatform marketing strategy, clients have come to expect that companies make an effort to connect with them online by providing content that interests them.
Inbound Marketing Basics
Inbound marketing is any technique which reaches potential clients with your message so that clients come ask you for your service or product. Examples include:
The goal of all of these techniques is to entice customers to contact you about your product or service. These leads are much more likely to be qualified, and can be passed on to your sale team once they are vetted, thus saving resources in that arena.
So, how does B2B inbound marketing encourage leads to reach out to you about your products and services? B2B inbound marketing takes a different angle than traditional marketing strategies. While it's appropriate to focus mainly on products when making a cold call or running a print advertisement, B2B inbound marketing outlets like social media and blogging allow your business to build a relationship with your audience.
Your goal is to provide information that your company is in a unique place to provide, thus building trust and thought leadership in your industry. In contrast, if your potential clients don't get information they need from you, they'll get it from a company who is using B2B inbound marketing to its fullest potential.
What a B2B Inbound Marketing Agency Does
A B2B inbound marketing agency's job is to shape and run your B2B inbound marketing campaign. This may include running social media pages like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn; Facebook advertising; blogging; email marketing; and Google Adwords.
Hiring an Agency
World Source Tech provides comprehensive web design and inbound marketing services. Our experts would be happy to speak with you about developing a B2B inbound marketing strategy for your business. To learn more, please give us a call at 616-419-5515 or Request a Call .
A domain name is the unique name that identifies a website, like the “worldsourcetech” part of www.worldsourcetech.com . Choosing the right domain name for your business can take almost as much thought as choosing your business’s name in the first place. Since we regularly help clients choose domain names, we have picked up several tips over the years to simplify domain name selection.
When it comes to choosing a domain name, it’s important to keep in mind how it will be used to identify and promote your business. People will need to be able to spell it, remember it, and type it, and they should also be able to guess how it’s spelled when they hear it. You will probably use the domain name in all your other marketing efforts, and you may use it for your email addresses, so it will become closely tied to your business for years to come.
Short domain names work best, and it’s a good idea to incorporate keywords related to your business or services. Many simple domain names are already registered, so if your business is local, you could also try including your city in the name. Including the city or state will make it less likely that the name is already in use, and will also help local customers find and remember it easily. When you choose your name, also keep in mind that you have other options besides a .com address. You may also be able to use .biz, .info, or .net, for example.
Once you have thought of your domain name, test it out on a friend to make sure it’s catchy and memorable, and that there aren’t any possible misinterpretations. Then research to make sure that the name isn’t already in use, and isn’t trademarked or copyrighted. If the name is available, the next step is to register the name to protect it, and within quick order you should be able to create a website for your new domain.
You may want to consider registering other versions of your domain name, several related domains, or different top-level domains (e.g., .biz, .net). There are generally two reasons for registering multiple domains: to make sure that clients find your site even if they make a mistake, and also to prevent competitors or “squatters” from registering domains where your customers may look for you. If you register multiple domains, you can use one domain name as your primary domain, and then redirect each of your other domain names to your primary domain.
World Source Tech can help you both register and use your domain names. Request a call, or call us at 616-717-5802, to get started with a new domain name that’s right for your business.
Image: Alan O'Rourke
Costs associated with marketing and advertising are very often the highest any business incurs--especially because they are often recurring and in need of regular renewing. Fortunately, the internet has made it easier, more inexpensive, and more efficient than ever before not only to increase business exposure, but more importantly to target the audience that will result in the best Return on Investment.
Google AdWords can be a valuable tool for any marketing or advertising campaign. Google, as one of the most frequented websites visited daily, offers businesses of all shapes and sizes a valuable program for generating both web traffic, as well as the profits they will lead to. Google AdWords is such a comprehensive and effective tool for marketing that hiring an AdWords professional that specializes in internet marketing can make the sky the limit for profits.
Not only is setting up an account free, but advertising with AdWords offers many other benefits as well--including, but not limited to:
Although Google AdWords is a great marketing tool for businesses, there are also many intricate details that go into monitoring, tweaking, and targeting these advertisements. Even though AdWords gives users increased control over their budget, a failed campaign is still time and money lost.
When advertising with Google AdWords, you should consult a professional digital media agency for the best possible results. Always up to date on constantly evolving concepts and technology--including creating and maintaining an advertisement campaign, which can often take adjusting to see the best results possible. In addition, it can be very difficult to read these analytic reports--much less altering your ad to reflect it. A digital marketing agency like World Source Tech will work with your business to customize keywords, targeted areas, and your online presence to drive up profits and exposure.
The digital marketing industry leaders at World Source Tech will not only make sure your Google AdWords campaign is successful, but actually generate business. For any and all of your web design and marketing needs, contact World Source Tech to lower your marketing costs and increase your profits today.
When you first decide to employ email marketing, it can be a very exciting time. After all, how instant is email?! And how cost effective?! Before you launch your campaign, it’s important to know that your email marketing is only as effective as your list. And in order to maximize your investment of time and effort in this important piece of your online marketing strategy, it pays to build an awesome list.
How do you start?
Let’s also review some ways not to start: be sure you don’t buy an email list, or use your own existing database of email addresses unless the clients specifically signed up for your email list. Apart from being an ineffective way to communicate with valuable contacts, either of those methods could blemish your business’s credibility. You might annoy customers, get blacklisted, or get in legal trouble for breaking anti-spamming laws. Instead, when you gradually build a permission-based email marketing list, your messages will be more effective and welcome.
When you build your email list, you can also query your customers to get a better idea of how to tailor your messages to their specific interests and needs. Offer the option, during sign-up or during a subsequent survey, for clients to fill in a few simple demographics, interests, and activities. By specifically developing your messages with your audience’s needs in mind, you can build a stronger relationship with your clients. After all, customers who are already engaged with your business tend to spend 33% more than new customers.
Finally, even if you have already started email marketing, you can still employ some of these strategies to improve your list. And make sure you send your marketing blasts on a consistent schedule so you will gain new users each time as your existing subscribers forward your valuable offers.
A healthy email list can be a great way to keep clients engaged with your business. Whenever you would like help to make your email marketing sizzle, contact World Source Tech for assistance developing this valuable marketing strategy for your business.
Business Development and Marketing Professional, Grand Rapids, MI
The Business Development & Marketing Professional (BDP) is a sales, marketing, and customer service role that focuses on local small and medium sized businesses. In this role, the candidate works to help clients develop an effective presence online. This is achieved by recommending and implementing the appropriate web design packages, marketing products, and services offered by World Source Tech, LLC.
The BDP prospects, networks, and develops leads into viable opportunities and is able to “win the deal”, establishing a strong, long term relationship with the client. Additionally, the BDP obtains all of the necessary project documentation for our web design and marketing program manager. The BDP maintains an ongoing relationship with our clients and ensures they are satisfied. Moreover, the BDP continuously consults with renewing customers to ensure they are happy with their web marketing products and services.
The Business Development Professional keeps detailed notes and contact / client information in our CRM system and reports sales prospects, opportunities, and closed sales via the CRM system.
The Business Development Professional is Responsible For
Prospecting for lead generation
Writing detailed proposals
Attending a weekly networking meeting at 7:00AM
Meeting with clients on a regular basis (three per day is common)
Recommending the appropriate products and service package based on client needs
Closing sales with clients and maintaining long term relationships to ensure renewals
Participating in regular company product and service trainings
Working directly with clients to resolve support issues
Collecting detailed notes for submission to design and project managers
Taking inbound phone calls, and making outbound phone calls to generate sales and support existing clients
Making minor updates to client websites, social media accounts, and email marketing campaigns
Assisting co-workers with client projects as needed/as possible
Managing Google Adwords for a select portfolio of clients
Managing Blogs for a select portfolio of clients
Managing social media for a select portfolio of clients
Working regularly with program manager to ensure the on time completion of all projects
Work with some of the best:
team of Web Design and Internet Marketing Professionals have over 20
years of experience and have even won awards for design and customer
service. We are known as leaders in Real Estate web design but also
service clients in almost any industry you can think of. We deliver
Raving Fans customer service and results our clients can take to the
bank. If you want to be part of a growing company who values long term
relationships, building our client's business, and developing the
careers of their team then we might just be a match.
The “gist” of who we are looking for:
We are hiring a sales team member who is happy, enthusiastic, professional, tenacious, honest, and ethical. Our ideal candidate knows they have the ability to make an excellent living based on their sales efforts of our proven products and services.
The ideal candidate wants to develop a client base of local businesses through offering our web design and marketing services. Additionally, this person is always excited to learn more about the web!
want someone who is excited to work out of our Downtown office in Grand
Rapids, MI. This is an on site position and requires daily presence at
the office for kick start meetings, customer meetings and de brief
meetings. Additionally, this position requires local travel to visit
various prospects and clients at their location.
Bachelors degree in Marketing, Advertising, or Management Information Systems
is desired but not required.
Experience in web / digital marketing such as Google Adwords is desired but not required.
Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Fireworks, Photoshop, etc) is desired but not required.
Proven track record in sales is desired but not required.
Customer service experience is required.
This position includes a base, initial commission, and residual commissions on renewals.
Candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject “Business Development Professional”.